The Club Z! Tutoring Franchise
World’s Largest In-Home & On-Line Tutoring Company
For more than 20 Years, Club Z! has offered a wide variety of academic and test prep services, in a variety of settings. From reading, writing and math to learning disabilities, foreign language instruction, & SAT/ACT prep. Unlike learning centers, Club Z! services are available to students and business professionals in the comfort of their home, office or online.
Top Home Based Tutoring Franchise
Our In-Home Tutoring Franchise opportunities are consistently ranked by Entrepreneur’s Franchise 500 as an elite option for business owners. Whether you are looking for an education business or a low-cost franchise option, we have developed the tutoring franchise model to meet your business goals. Check out link below to view our franchise rankings and proven business model.
Extensive Franchise Support
Club Z! provides franchisees with comprehensive training, a proven operating system and unparalleled on-going support. Club Z! franchisees have access to our state-of-the-art Call Center, In-House Art & Advertising Department, Tutor & EC Recruitment, National Ad Fund and Sales Support Center. We also provide the tools necessary for both educators and non-educators to succeed.
Speak with a Tutoring Franchise Consultant
Our franchise consultants are standing by to discuss the tutoring franchise opportunities we offer at Club Z!. We will take the time to outline all of the details for starting your new education business and the steps to start helping students in your area succeed.
Contact us Today
Club Z! Tutoring Franchise Video
We hope you enjoy our tutoring franchise opportunity video and see what Club Z! has to offer you.
Call (800) 434-2582
or complete the form below to receive A FREE,
No Obligation Tutoring Franchise Information Package
Club Z! Tutoring Franchise Benefits
Who We Are
For more than 20 years, Club Z! has been helping students reach their full academic potential. Whether in home or online, using the student’s school curriculum or one of Club Z!’s 6 proprietary curriculum products, Club Z! offers a solution for every student! From reading, writing and math to learning disabilities, foreign language instruction, and SAT/ACT prep, the possibilities exist for an ever-expanding client base.
Our Area Directors need no previous experience in the education field. Club Z! provides you with a proven step-by-step business plan and a full complement of support systems including a full-service marketing department, corporate call center, proprietary business management software, proven curriculum, and branded online tutoring and test prep platforms.
The combined 70+ years of marketing and management experience of our chief executives, decades of successful franchise operations, and the shared experiences of several hundred franchise owners are what separate Club Z! from the competition. If you want to make a difference in your life, as well as the lives of others, and would like to have a turn-key business of your own, we invite you to explore the Club Z! Franchise opportunity.
The private tutoring market continues to boom, even in a soft economy. The tutoring market in the United States is estimated at over $9 billion per year. Worldwide, the tutoring market is projected to be $100 billion by the year 2017. The main reason for growth is colleges and universities becoming increasingly selective in who they will admit. This is and will continue to be a key market driver for years to come.
No Experience Necessary
Our owners don’t tutor or teach. They manage a staff of tutors that provide one-on-one instruction for students in the comfort and convenience of the student’s home at an extremely competitive rate. If you have a desire to start a business of your own, follow a proven plan and want to team up with industry leaders, then Club Z! could be for you.
4 Growing Profit Centers
● K-12 1 to 1 tutoring – Our tutoring is conducted in the home of the student or another mutually agreed location. Club Z!’s program is extremely effective; our average student improves two letter grades in just 60 days.
● Test Prep – We offer proprietary programs for the PSAT, SAT, ACT and Study Skills. Our average student improves 240 points on the SAT and 3-4 points on the ACT. Club Z! also offers test prep programs for the SSAT, ISEE, GMAT, GRE, LSAT and MCAT. These programs may be offered online, 1-to-1, or in small groups.
● College Admissions Consulting – Club Z! has developed a network of professional college admissions counselors to help students with the entire college admissions process.
● Online Tutoring – Club Z! franchise owners can offer online test prep, subject tutoring and our ON-Demand homework help program. The corporate office currently recruits, screens and trains all online tutors to perform services on behalf of the franchise owners.
Club Z! has made Entrepreneur Magazine’s Annual Top 500 Franchise List for the last 7 years
Low-Cost – #19 (2014), #23 (2013), #41 (2012)
Top Home-Based – #24 (2014), #35 (2013), #68 (2012)
America’s Top Global – #165 (2014), #149 (2013), #184 (2012)
Franchise 500® – #140 (2016), #116 (2015), #114 (2014), #173 (2013)
The Club Z! Advantage
We have designed the cost of a Club Z! franchise to be among the most reasonable in the tutoring industry. Our franchise package is currently $27,250. An additional $15,000 to $20,000 is needed for start-up expenses and advertising. Our franchise may be operated on a full-time or part-time basis (certain criteria must be met). Club Z! also offers a center based / retail model option.
Why Is The Initial Investment So Low?
● Home-Based/Low overhead – No storefront needed. Work out of your home! By eliminating the high overhead associated with a storefront or learning center, Club Z! owners can focus their resources on advertising, marketing and management.
● We furnish qualified tutors – We provide franchisees with pre-screened tutors; all with certifications and/or degrees with 2+ years of proven tutoring experience.
● All Subjects/Grade levels – Club Z! also has proprietary curriculum such as SAT, ACT and Study Skills programs so that franchises can offer top quality programs to its students and schools.
● National Advertising/Marketing support – Club Z! spends hundreds of thousands of dollars on national advertising programs each year for our franchisees. Club Z! also offers a national scholarship fund known as our Annual Achievement Award. This $25,000 annual award gives franchisees a tremendous marketing/networking tool for their local market.
● Our call center, your competitive advantage – Our call center answers all incoming calls from prospective clients for our franchise owners during business hours. This one-of-a-kind service “sells” your potential clients on using our service, and even schedules your enrollment meetings using a web-based calendar.
● Government contracts – Franchisees, if qualified, may have the ability to provide tutoring services to students and/or school districts through State and Local government-funded contracts that are already secured by the corporate office and neighboring franchisees.
● Corporate Training – Club Z! provides intensive training at our corporate location in Tampa, Florida. For your convenience, on-line training (with an instructor) is also available for franchisees that wish to begin operations within a quicker time-frame, or need more time to complete our training program. Franchise owners that elect to receive online training are also welcome to participate in our in-person training program in Tampa at a future time.
● Unparalleled ongoing support – You will have unlimited access to our staff during business hours and 24/7 access to our Club Z! intranet; including databases, documents, conferences, conference calls, real-time forums and many other tools to assist with the growth of your franchise.
If you have the motivation and desire to make a difference in your life, as well as the lives of others, and would like to own a business of your own, consider joining Club Z!
The Club Z! Franchise Marketing Plan includes:
● State of the Art Sales Support / Call Center
● Lead calling service. The sales support center will make outbound calls to your internet leads and continue to make follow up calls to the leads that do not result in a consultation
● Unlimited cold calling services to schools and community organizations to create awareness for our Annual Achievement Award, test prep, tutoring services and college admissions consulting.
● Custom website set up, including mobile site (Including extra landing pages for cities served)
● Directory listing set up on Google, Yahoo, Bing and Yelp
● Standard SEO services for keywords including general subjects, test prep and cities served*
● Press release creating and distribution in your local market (Annually)
● A live chat operator will appear on your website during Corporate business hours to answer questions from potential clients and tutors
● All of your leads will be placed in a marketing database and receive targeted emails regarding your company and services
Club Z! provides franchisees with comprehensive training, a proven operating system and unparalleled on-going support. Club Z! franchisees have access to a support team with over 60 years of combined experience operating a successful tutoring service.
● Franchise Owner Training
No matter your professional background or business experience, we’ll help make sure you’re ready to hit the ground running. Our comprehensive training program taught by industry experts will prepare you with the tools, knowledge, and direction you and your staff need to get started. New owner training includes:
● Pre-Training guidance to prepare you for initial training course
● Online pre-training courses and tasks to ensure that your business is ready to launch post-training.
● In Person training class at our global headquarters in Tampa, Florida (One on One training is also available online for no additional fee)
● A dedicated support team member will meet with you each week for the first 3 months to ensure your business launch is on track.
● Our support team is available daily to give you advice and guidance during your tenure as an owner
● Access to industry training resources, including web-based training for you, your key staff and your tutors
● Multi-phased training that covers specialized areas such as SAT/ACT, Study Skills, College Admissions, and Learning Disabilities.
● Club Z! Call Center
Never miss an opportunity
Our carefully selected, highly trained call center representatives are required to go though a rigorous training process prior to answering your phones. Specific information pertaining to your area’s rates and services is used for each call. By utilizing our call center, franchisees never miss an opportunity to capture a new client and create time to focus on the growth and management of their business. Our representatives have an average closing rate of 72%.
● In-House Art Department
Custom design marketing material
Club Z! franchisees have access to our state-of-the-art Advertising Department. This department will custom design your local advertisements such as flyers, ads, business cards, road signs and much more. Our art department will make sure all artwork maintains the Club Z! branding.
● Tutor and EC Recruiting
Our tutors are professionals in their fields
All Club Z! tutors must have at least a college degree and 1 year of relevant teaching or tutoring experience in their preferred subject(s) in order to be considered for hire with Club Z!. After verifying educational credentials, Club Z! supervisory staff go through a careful vetting process to ensure that these tutors have verifiable and positive references and can successfully complete a thorough background check. All candidates also must complete mandatory training to ensure they are prepared to help each student succeed.
● National Ad Fund
Get access to national advertising dollars
When you join the Club Z! system you get access to national advertising dollars to help grow your brand through the Club Z! National Advertising Fund! Club Z! franchisees contribute 2% of their monthly gross revenue into a National Advertising Fund. This Fund is designed for national and regional advertising and marketing campaigns to build the Club Z! brand and drive leads at the local, franchisee level. In the past 2 years alone, Club Z! has spent in excess of $1 million in marketing campaigns through the National Advertising Fund.
● Z! Tutor Match & Z! Guarantee
Through our Z! guarantee program
Our proprietary Z! Tutor Match process ensures that we match the right tutor to your child every time! In fact, we’re so confident that you’ll love our tutors, we guarantee the match. Through our Z! Guarantee program, if you are unsatisfied with the tutor selected for your child, simply let us know and we’ll make a more suitable match ASAP. It’s that simple! How can we be this confident? Our Z! Tutor Match is made based on the following 4 criterias: Academic Strengths, Availability, Personality and Teaching Style.
● No Long-Term Contracts
Each child’s learning capacity is unique
We believe that each child’s learning capacity is unique, and we regularly monitor ongoing progress so we can adjust the learning program as the student masters new skills and concepts.
● Our Tutors
Through our proprietary Z! tutor match system
Our tutors are thoroughly screened and background checked prior to hiring. Through our proprietary “Z! Tutor Match” system, we go to great lengths to match them with students based on personality, learning preferences, and academic strengths and weaknesses. And with our “Z! Guarantee” you get the right tutor every time, guaranteed!
● School-Based Curriculum
Programs that complement the schools curriculum
Our tutors work on the students curriculum to impact results where it matters most, in the classroom! In addition, our caring staff communicate with each student’s classroom teacher(s) to ensure that our program is complementing the school curriculum.
● Our Programs
Our programs provide results! Whether it’s our K-12 academic assistance programs, our proven SAT/ ACT prep programs, or one of our other proprietary curriculum programs like Learning Built to Last study skills and pre-K readiness, our students see growth in a matter of weeks!
● No Mandatory, Expensive Diagnostic Testing
Learning plans tailored to every clients needs
Club Z! will meet with the parent and student to review report cards, progress reports and teacher notes and create a customized learning plan tailored to every child’s specific academic needs.
Club Z! has developed proprietary curriculum for the exclusive use of our franchise network. Programs have been developed in high demand subjects such as SAT and ACT test prep, comprehensive study skills, and early childhood education. These proprietary programs and others will make up a significant portion of your annual revenue. We offer customized programs to fit any budget or timeline. Individualized instruction from highly qualified instructors.
The Club Z! SAT Program Includes:
- Options for one-on-one and small groups intensive instruction.
- A review of what to expect on the test.
- Customized practice questions to target student’s weaknesses.
- Proven techniques on how and when to guess.
- Strategies for successfully approaching each type of question.
- Real SAT practice tests.
The Club Z! ACT Program Includes:
- Options for one-on-one and small groups intensive instruction.
- A review of what to expect on the test.
- Diagnostic testing to reveal student’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Navigational tool for test preparation.
- Comprehensive strategies for math, English, science and reading.
- Real ACT practice tests.
Learning Built to Last™
Middle School and High School Study Skills Program Includes:
- Comprehensive diagnostic test & learning style inventory.
- Over 320 pages of proven strategies & techniques.
- Introduces and explains strategies for efficient, effective studying.
- Filled with diagrams and illustrations.
- Chapters directly correspond to the accompanying workbook exercises to review and apply the new strategies.
- Over 320 pages.
- Reviews key strategies from the book.
- Makes connections to real world examples.
- Applies the new techniques with hands on activities.
- Includes articles of various topics and difficulty that students can use to practice their new study skills.
- Monthly calendar provides a complete time management system.
- Helps students keep track of their study skills goals.
The Power of Words® Writing Improvement Programs Include:
Book and Homework Exercises Book:
- Improve writing skills and confidence.
- Gain better writing mechanics.
- Enhance style and flow for your writing.
- Learn how to write effective narratives, poems, essays & even research papers!
- Prepare for SAT, ACT and college application essay writing too!
- Designed for grades 5-12.
- Excellent option for summer and other academic breaks.
Jump Into Reading and Connect With The Classics
High School Summer Reading Programs Include:
2 Grade Levels 9/10 and 11/12
- Reluctant Reader/Advanced Reader.
- 4 Books Jump Into Reading.
- 4 Books Connect with the Classics.
- Tutor versions for all books.
- Vocabulary & Reading Fluency Flashcards.
- Strategies for building Comprehension & Writing Skills.
- Reading Study Techniques.
- Cognitive/Language Development.
- Grade Level Appropriate Book Selections.
Let the Learning Begin™
Pre – Kindergarten Readiness Program Includes:
4 sets of themed worksheets that:
- Identify alphabet letters and sounds.
- Teach proper pencil-holding & posture.
- Eliminate problems with letter formation.
- Correct letter reversals.
- Improve legibility & word spacing.
- Prepare for letter blending, which leads the way to basic reading.
- Teacher Guide.
- Parent Guide.
- Readiness Checklist.
Since its formation in 1995, Club Z! has successfully tutored over hundreds of thousands of students in all subjects, and at all grade levels, pre-K through adult. Club Z! has become an industry leader by becoming the world’s largest in-home tutoring company, offering educational services for students of all ages in all subject areas. Whether utilizing the student’s school curriculum, or one of its proven, proprietary curriculum products, Club Z! offers an academic solution for every student! Our programs build skills, confidence, organization and motivation. Club Z! delivers its services through a network of dedicated franchise owners that benefit from our proven track record, methods, strategies and experience.
Mark W. Lucas, James Murphy, Jr., and Cari Diaz head the Club Z! management team, which collectively has over 70 years of marketing and management experience. Our corporate headquarters houses our executive offices, training facilities, Advertising Department and support personnel. The combination of marketing backgrounds, over 15 years of successful franchise operations and the shared experiences of several hundred franchise owners are what separate Club Z! from the competition. We simply know what works when it comes to running a tutoring business!
Club Z! provides Area Directors with a proven step-by-step business plan. Our Area Directors need no previous experience in the education field. We teach you how to select, train and hire qualified tutors and acquire new customers. We also provide you with a full complement of support systems and a staff to help you efficiently manage your business. Our experienced marketing staff takes all the guess work out of advertising your business. Our staff works with each Area Director to customize local advertising for fall, winter, spring and summer programs. In addition, your corporate support staff will provide guidance and assistance in selecting and screening your initial tutoring staff, as well as ongoing training for you and your staff to maintain the highest level of service and sales. Through your start up and launch, your dedicated support team will hold your hand every step of the way!
What Our Tutoring Franchise Owners Are Saying
Club Z! was the only franchise that made sense to me! The management team was professional and knowledgeable. My business has flourished under their guidance. I would highly recommend a Club Z! franchise.
Jamie Scott , Club Z! Franchise Owner- Fremont, CA
As a former business broker, I looked for an opportunity with low overhead and high profitability. The support and guidance is everything I expected and more. If you follow the steps and take advantage of their expertise along the way, you will be successful.
Dennis Mullen , Club Z! Franchise Owner- Boston, MA