The benefits of in-home tutoring are numerous. From the one-on-one, individualized attention the student receives from the tutor, to the non-competitive atmosphere of the home environment, there are many obvious benefits. Club Z! has been offering in-home tutoring for more than 20 years, with hundreds of thousands of satisfied customers raving about their experience. So it comes as no surprise that in-home tutoring is part of the Club Z! Advantage. The Club Z! Advantage is clear – focused, one-on-one instruction, tailored to each student’s individual needs and preferences. It is this individualized attention and commitment to delivering quality educational services that have helped Club Z! stand out since 1995!
If your child is having a tough school year, and needs some help catching up; or if you just want to focus on developing study skills or foreign language acquisition this summer, it’s never been easier to catch up or get ahead with Club Z! Our in-home tutoring model is convenient and easily fits around your busy schedule. And as always, there are no long term contract requirements with Club Z! you have full control over how long the tutoring continues.
And even though most parts of the country are still chilly, summer is only a few short months away. We know that most parents look forward to summer vacation almost as much as their children! It is a welcome break from the daily grind of homework and projects of the school year. But if your student doesn’t practice the skills he/she learned last school year over the summer, it could lead to a loss of learning. According to a study by Duke University’s Dr. Harris Cooper, a leading expert on summer learning loss, long summer vacations “break the rhythm of instruction, lead to forgetting, and require a significant amount of review when students return to school in the fall.” According to Cooper’s study, students’ overall achievement test scores drop by about one month, on average, over summer vacation. Skills in mathematics and spelling usually take the biggest hits, with math skills suffering almost a 2.6 month loss in achievement.
The following educational tips can help you transform the summer break into an opportunity for students to sharpen their skills through fun and interactive ways. Follow these tips and send your children back to school smarter and more confident than when they left!
- Take frequent trips to the library and register your child with a library card. Experts agree that a prime predictor of summer reading loss is a lack of books at home and limited access to library books, so keep a good selection of high interest, level appropriate books around the house. Schedule a consistent “reading time” daily for your child.
- Attend thematic programs at the library. Libraries often host a great variety of summer programs for kids that celebrate reading.
- Talk to your child’s teachers and ask them what your child will be learning next year at school. This way you can tie in family trips with next year’s curriculum to create a more meaningful hands-on experience. For example, if your child will be studying a unit on the civil war, plan a visit to Gettysburg.
- Give your child a gift card to a bookstore, or give books as gifts.
- Check out audio books from the library for your child to listen to stories in the car.
- Consider Tutoring: Tutoring services, such as Club Z! In-home Tutoring, can help children catch up or get ahead with one-on-one tutoring in the home. In-home tutoring can help your child in areas like reading comprehension, mathematics, writing or SAT/ACT test prep. Club Z! even offers programs in foreign language and study skills (with an emphasis on note-taking strategies, reading comprehension skills & prioritizing deadlines) that will help your child succeed in school.
- Research has revealed a direct connection between learning to play a musical instrument and an increased aptitude in mathematics. Consider introducing your child to music lessons over the summer.
For more information on how to make the most of your child’s school year and summer, call Club Z! In-Home Tutoring Services for a FREE in-home evaluation. Let our tutoring experts craft a tailored learning plan for your student to catch up or get ahead. To find the location nearest you and schedule your evaluation, call Club Z! at 800-434-2582 today!